Free Delivery | 30-day Returns Policy | Unlimited Support
CX Series 2
The story so far…
Music should never be an afterthought, never side-lined, never just ‘background noise’. But as we entered the age of digital, music became a commodity. Presence was sacrificed in the name of convenience and the importance of sound quality was forgotten. It didn’t have to be.
With the original CX Series, we decided to march to the beat of our own drum. We wanted to show that it was possible to build a system that offered all the convenience and simplicity of digital, but made sure that music was placed firmly, squarely, in the centre stage. A system that was precise and detailed. A system that respected music.
For five years, our CX range of two integrated amplifiers, a network audio streamer and a CD transport has been a widely admired, award-winning success story. Five years can be a long time though, and Cambridge Audio isn’t a company to rest on its laurels.
The sound of progress.
Half a decade after the CX range redefined performance at its price point, it’s time to reimagine, reengineer and reinvigorate. Whilst software-based sources - such as the CXN Network Player - have benefitted from constant firmware upgrades to reflect modern listening habits, and CD players such as the class-leading CXC haven’t had to change at all, the progress made in amplifier technology over the last five years has come at a hardware level - and there’s no updating that over the internet.
The all-new CXA61 and CXA81 integrated amplifiers build on the foundations laid (and the Awards won) by CXA60 and CXA80, but with a fresh and progressive perspective. Here are two amplifiers with distinct personalities. Two amplifiers with unique characteristics and attitudes. Two approaches to bringing your music collection to life.
CXA81 is poised, effortless and sophisticated. Its 80 watts per channel give it complete authority over music, and it wrings every emotional and musical nuance from your whole collection.
CXA61 is 60 watts per channel of pure excitement. It’s a punchy and upfront listen, without giving away detail or precision - so it’s just as much at home in the mosh-pit as it is the conservatoire.
'A solid and classy piece of kit. Stereo imaging is impressive... the CXA61 is a real winner'
Leave no streamer behind.
Four What Hi-Fi? Awards in a row speaks volumes about how well loved the CXN is - but Cambridge Audio is always searching for ways to improve. A constant programme of development, a constant desire to seek out gains in performance, and the ability to update the CXN (V2) remotely, as and when it’s required, means the best network audio streamer around just keeps on getting better.
The StreamMagic app is the ultimate in control for your Cambridge Audio Streaming products. Compatible with CXN, CXR120/200, CXN (v2), 851N, and Edge NQ, the StreamMagic app gives you fast access to devices, playlists and internet radio.*
Your music at your fingertips
Access the music in your digital library on USB, network drives or even your TIDAL account. Build queues from multiple sources.
Tailored for you
The music focused “Hub” tab learns your most used features and provides personalised shortcuts based on how you use your streamer.
Full control of multiple devices
Whether you own one or more than one Cambridge Audio streamer, StreamMagic handles multiple devices with ease. Change volume and select sources all over the home.
The best of internet radio
From stations on your doorstep to those on the other side of the world, search and save functionality makes finding and playing your favourite programmes and genres fast and simple.
Configuring your device
Set-up your streamer the way you like it. Rename the unit, set volume limits, change standby modes and much more.
Explore the range
Integrated Stereo Amplifier
- 60 Watts per channel with Class AB amplification for detailed and powerful audio performance
- High Quality DAC - Connect digital sources directly via TOSLINK and Coaxial
- Bluetooth aptX HD built in for a high quality wireless connection
Integrated Stereo Amplifier
- 80-watts per channel with Class AB amplification for detailed and powerful audio performance
- Separate, symmetrical left and right channels are carefully engineered to deliver incredible sound-staging
- Balanced XLR inputs for low noise interference
Network Audio Streamer
- Stunning Sound Quality - Hear every detail in your digital files
- Connect Anything - USB, Coaxial and TOSLINK wired connections. AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in wireless connections
- Built to Stream - Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Qobuz and TIDAL playback via the dedicated StreamMagic app.
- State-of-the-art, proprietary servo to regulate the disc speed and ensure error free playback
- Digital only output for a clean signal
- All metal case isolates components, ensuring peak performance